Pages

Wednesday 7 May 2014

07 May 2014: Starting up again


It has been eight months since my last post here on the FIN Review Review.  This has been a bit of an experiment over time. Originally, this was an email I sent out to my team and people I thought might be interested.  I later expanded it to this blog with the intent of tracking trends day by day.

It eventually got to the point of taking around an hour and a half every day, to the extent that I would take a week's worth of papers home with me and spend my Saturday mornings catching up. When I transitioned to a new Management Consultant role in September 2013, my attention focused on getting my feet under me both in a now company and a new career.

And yet, the FIN Review still calls me, even taunts me from the pile where it sits in my company's lobby. It beckons me with promises of patterns of commercial practices. I sense within its pages a clear articulation of the insanity of the capitalist mandate, the futility of our quest for success, and the faint hope of applying innovation and finite resources towards the benefit of humanity as compared to personal gain and corporate greed.

So today I pick it up again with a new refined focus.. Perhaps less details, with a bit more opinion and reflection. This blog, like my life, is just an experiment. I invite you to observe and take what you may find of value.

No comments:

Post a Comment